I believe a simple wardrobe makes getting dressed easier (which is especially important when you have 2 little ones).
As I’ve pared down my wardrobe over the past few years, I’ve changed my thinking about clothing. I used to just purchase items whenever I found good deals with little thought of whether I loved the piece or even if I had anything to wear it with.
Now, I stick to a certain color scheme, only buy items I love and don’t mind spending a little extra money on quality (although, I typically purchase second hand so I’m able to get quality pieces for reasonable prices!)
My philosophy on clothing may seem boring to some and I will acknowledge I am not ‘into fashion’ but I honestly feel like I am able to dress nicer now.
Clothing in the closet (both hanging & on shelves):
- 6 short sleeve shirts (green print, blue/white stripe, grey, 3 black)
- 4 long sleeve shirts (navy/cream stripe, teal/white stripe, purple, black)
- 6 sweaters (black card, green card, grey oversized, black cable, grey turtle, blue v-neck)
- 4 dresses (paisley print, red polka dot, black, black/grey stripe sweater dress)
- 4 bottoms (teal skinnies, khakis, black dress bottoms, black leggings)
- 1 black skirt
- 5 pair of jeans (3 of these are nice, the other 2 are ‘lounge’ jeans)
- 3 jackets (black fleece, black pea coat, heavy coat)
- 4 short sleeve t-shirts
- 3 long sleeve shirts
- 2 yoga pants
- 2 pajama pants
That’s it, all the clothing I own for this fall/winter.