Mother’s Day is just a few days away.
What do you give to someone who lives simply and doesn’t like clutter?
I love giving gifts but want to give gifts that are meaningful, thoughtful and won’t just clutter up my mom and mother-in-law’s home.
And, as someone who lives simply, gifts that are personalized and consumable are always appreciated.
Gift Ideas for the Mom Who Lives Simply
1. A Meal Out
Mom’s are always cooking and cleaning for their families. A meal out is a wonderful (and clutter free) way to celebrate your mom. I often say that food is my love language! And, I feel even more loved when I eat out and don’t have to clean up.
2. Personalized Jewelry
While I don’t own a lot of jewelry, I do love meaningful and personalized pieces. Bejeweled Outlaw is a mom owned business specializing in hand stamped jewelry. She makes cuff bracelets, leather bracelets, necklaces and more.
3. Personalized Photo Gifts
Moms and grandmas love pictures of their children and grandchildren. A photo canvas, photo necklace or photo magnet all make wonderful gifts.
4. Homemade Body Products
I love making homemade body products, both for myself and to give as gifts. Your mom would probably love homemade scrubs or lip balms made their favorite essential oil scents.
My favorite scrub recipe book – Simple Scrubs to Make and Give.
My favorite lip balm recipe – Homemade Lip Chap Recipe
5. Anything Lavender
I love the smell of lavender. It is such a relaxing scent. Lavender soaps, essential oil, a lavender plant or lavender sachets all would make a wonderful gift.
Of Lavender and Lace sells beautiful lavender filled pillows and sachets.
Lavender essential oil would make a wonderful gift. It’s consumable, smells wonderful and can be used on burns, stings, cuts and more.
I love to read. Books are such an encouragement in my mothering. They help me grow spiritually, manage my home better and teach me how to better nourish my family. This is a list of some of my favorite books and a few that are on my wish list.
- Own Your Life: Living with Deep Intention, Bold Faith, and Generous Love by Sally Clarkson
- The Mom Walk by Sally Clarkson
- Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe by Sally Clarkson and Sarah Mae
- One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp
- Journaling Bible English Standard Version // HCSB Journaling Bible (This one is on my wish list, it’s currently a pre-order.)
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo
- Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
- Everyday Grain-Free Baking: Over 100 Recipes for Deliciously Easy Grain-Free and Gluten-Free Baking by Kelly Smith
7. A Handwritten Card
Don’t just sign your name to a card, take some time and write down things you appreciate about your mom and why you are thankful for her. I’m pretty sure this gift will be more appreciated than anything you can buy!
Do you have anything to add? What are your favorite meaningful and/or clutter free gift ideas?
Disclosure – This post contains affiliate links which help support this site.