It’s hard to believe February has already come and gone. I can hardly believe that March is here and my baby girl will be one in a few weeks.
Paxton is such a big kid these days. We’ve been teaching him to play Uno and he’s doing quite well. We’ve spent several of our winter nights playing games with him. It’s so much fun having a child that is old enough to really play games!
Cecilia was 11 months old on the 20th!
Here are some milestones from 10 to 11 months:
- Weighed 19#4oz at her checkup
- Nosy – pulling things out of drawers and cabinets
- Cut her first tooth (bottom left). It poked through on February 5th
- Has 2 teeth (bottom)
- Can stand up without holding on to anything
- Wearing 12 month clothes
- Loves feeding herself
- Nurses about 5 times a day
- Mostly sleeping through the night – wakes every few nights
She is an absolute joy and such a blessing to our family!
John David’s parents visited in mid-February and brought a lot of Legos that belonged to John David as a child. We’ve had a lot of fun building with Legos in the past few weeks! We have been playing ‘The Lego Game’ as a family. We take a dice and our container of Legos and start building. Whatever number you roll (1-6) is the number of Legos you can add. We all enjoy playing this game. It’s fun creating a wacky Lego structure and it’s great for preschoolers because nobody wins or loses – we just have fun!
Cecilia is more of a toddler than a baby these days and she’s into everything! Her favorite spot in the house currently is a drawer in the bathroom that contains her daddy’s hair cutting kit, beard balm, nail clippers (nothing dangerous or hazardous). If the bathroom door is left open, you better believe she’ll be exploring that drawer! She also enjoys the ‘kid’ drawer in the kitchen and rearranges the dishes in there and she also enjoys pulling clothes and diapers out of her dresser. It’s adorable to watch her pull things out and then put them back in – such serious work for a little one!
The last weekend of the month, Paxton and I had a date. We ran several errands and went out to a favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch. What a joy this boy is and it was neat to have a child with me running errands but not have to undo any carseats (he is able to buckle and unbuckle himself in his booster)! We also decided that dates need to happen more often.
Things I enjoyed in February:
- I watched all of seasons 4 and 5 of Downton Abbey. I’m now all caught up and have no plans to get sucked into another series anytime soon!
- Read Romancing Your Child’s Heart by Monte Swan and highly recommend it.
- Started reading Own Your Life: Living with Deep Intention, Bold Faith, and Generous Love by Sally Clarkson and it is so, so good so far!
*This post contains affiliate links.