I have a small wardrobe so I try to mix and match as much as I can. I stick with a color scheme, currently it is black, grey, teal and purple. That may seem boring but I l love wearing these colors.
I wanted to share some mix and match outfits to show you how versatile a small wardrobe can be if you have coordinating items.
I pulled eight pieces from my closet and came up with thirteen different looks just using these eight items.
The Eight Pieces:
Black Cowboy Boots, Paisley Dress, Grey Sweater, Black Tee, Teal Scarf, Skinny Jeans, Black Tights, Teal Skinnies
The Thirteen Looks:
1. Black Tee, Teal Skinnies & Boots
2. Paisley Dress, Teal Skinnies & Boots
3. Grey Sweater, Teal Skinnies & Boots
4. Paisley Dress, Black Tights & Boots
5. Paisley Dress, Teal Scarf, Black Tights & Boots
6. Grey Sweater, Black Tights & Boots
7. Grey Sweater, Teal Scarf, Black Tights & Boots
8. Grey Sweater, Teal Scarf, Jeans & Boots
9. Grey Sweater, Jeans & Boots
10. Paisley Dress, Jeans & Boots
11. Paisley Dress, Teal Scarf, Jeans & Boots
12. Black Tee, Jeans & Boots
13. Black Tee, Teal Scarf, Jeans & Boots
It’s really amazing how a few coordinating items can result in so many different outfit options. When you add in a few more items, like a different pair of shoes, a chunky necklace or another top, you have even more looks.
Here I am wearing outfit #13 (Black Tee, Teal Scarf, Jeans) but I replaced the Black Cowboy Boots with flats, giving the outfit a different look. Another scarf or a bold necklace would change up the look too.
Coordinating items is my ‘wardrobe secret’ that helps make a minimal wardrobe possible!
I challenge you to ‘shop your closet’ sometime this weekend and pull out coordinating items and see how many mix and match options you have!
Disclosure – This post contains affiliate links.